Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd. Group unveils SBHPP and establishes footprint in India
Genk, Belgium – Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd. Group today unveils a new identity for its High Performance Plastics Business Unit to customers around the world. From April 8, 2013 the companies forming the business unit will present themselves to the market as one entity, SBHPP.
The creation of SBHPP highlights the worldwide integrated sales and marketing network, and global manufacturing capabilities offered by the manufacturer of phenolic resins, molding compounds and circuitry materials. Customers of SBHPP will benefit from the worldwide available resources and expertise of the global leader in engineering thermoset resins and molding compounds.
SBHPP is represented by 20 companies* spanning Asia, China, Japan, Europe and North America. This includes the setting-up of a company base in New Delhi, India, as of April 8, 2013 to further strengthen its support for customers in emerging markets. SBE India Pvt. Ltd. will include warehousing, marketing and a sales organization to serve customers’ needs in the region for plastics and associated materials.
From April 8, customers can access information on all products and services within one, easy-to-navigate website www.sbhpp.com.
Mr. Noboru Yamawaki, SBHPP business unit leader, comments:
With ‘SBHPP’ we are unifying the way we present ourselves to the market. Our new identity clearly identifies us as one business unit, part of a large and established worldwide group our customers can rely on, and committed to exceeding our customers’ expectations in material performance, customer service, technical expertise, and product quality.
*The companies within SBHPP are:
- Europe: Sumitomo Bakelite Europe NV; Sumitomo Bakelite Europe (Barcelona) SLU; Vyncolit NV; Neopreg AG.
- North America: Sumitomo Bakelite North America, Inc.; Durez Corporation; Durez Canada Co. Ltd.
- China: Sumitomo Bakelite (Suzhou) Co. Ltd.; Sumitomo Bakelite (Nantong) Co. Ltd.; Sumitomo Bakelite (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.; Basec Hong Kong Ltd.; Sumitomo Bakelite (Dongguan) Co., Ltd; Sumitomo Bakelite Macau Co. Ltd.
- Asia: PT. Indopherin Jaya; SNC Industrial Laminates Sdn. Bhd; SumiDurez Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- Japan: Akita Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd.; Yamaroku Kasei Industry Co., Ltd.; and the SBHPP division of Sumitomo Bakelite Co. Ltd. (HQ and Shizuoka plant)
- India: SBE India Pvt. Ltd.